I’ve been working out pretty consistently since about January. Consistently meaning 4-6 times a week. Now it is not always hard at the gym or sprinting as fast as I can. Somedays I just walk. But even 10 minutes of something is better than nothing. Since I have started really putting the effort into finding the motivation to work out I have seen and felt major improvements in my body. These are some of the top 5 reasons why I work out.
- More Energy! For Mamas especially. Energy is crucial, from if you have a newborn, toddler, teen, or your kids are grown. Worrying and carrying for your loved ones is exhausting. I feel working out has helped bring my energy levels up. Now not everyday am I bright eyed and bushy tailed. But more than most days out of the week I’m going pretty strong. I find I have more energy if I keep myself busy, versus laying around all day and not doing anything.
- Stress Reliever! Working out can bring your stress levels down tremendously, instead of unloading them on your loved ones unload on a walk, jog, or whatever kind of workout you are into.
- My Clothes Fit Better! This should be a given… but when you feel better in your clothes you are going to have a better attitude overall. 🙂
- Sleep Better! Sometimes I work out in the morning, sometimes mid day, sometimes after Aniston goes down. It doesn’t matter what time I work out I feel like I always get a better nights sleep in.
- Healthy Heart! I plan on living a long time. I have a baby and a husband that need me. So by taking care of myself this means getting my heart rate up to exercise the most important muscle.
Also… listen to your body, if you are exhausted rest. There is such a thing as over doing it. Below I’ve put together a short at home workout for when you can’t make it to the gym. You can do this workout anywhere… so no excuses ;).
Shop the mat I used in this video below.
I hope everyone has a Happy Mother’s Day! I’ll be doing what I love the most 🙂 getting ready for Aniston’s first birthday pictures….tear! I’m so lucky to have her!
Thanks for reading!