It is essential to take care of your eyelash extensions, especially if you plan to wear them for a few weeks. You should always apply a little bit of oil onto the tips before you put them on, and then make sure to use warm liquid makeup remover when you want to take them off. Lash extensions can be worn for up to four weeks, depending on their quality and the frequency of use.
Contents of Article
How To Take Care of Your Lash Extensions
If you’ve just gotten a new set of extensions, it’s essential to take precautions to ensure that they last as long as possible. You don’t want them to fall out or get damaged because you didn’t do your part in taking care of them!
Follow these guidelines for the best results:
- Don’t get them wet. This is probably an essential rule for taking care of your extensions. If you get them wet, they will start to fall out and lose their shape. Avoid getting them moist at all costs, especially swimming or showering.
- Be gentle when you’re brushing them. You don’t want to pull on the extensions or brush them too harshly, as this can also damage them and make them fall out. Brush them carefully and gently, especially when you’re first getting used to them.
- Don’t use a lot of mascara. If you’re not careful, using too much mascara can weigh down the extensions and make them fall out. Use a light hand when applying mascara, and be sure to remove it before going to bed.
- Don’t use oil-based products. This includes things like makeup remover, face wash, and moisturizers. Oil can break down the bonding agent that holds the extensions in place, so it’s best to avoid using these types of products.
- Don’t sleep on your stomach and even on your side; you can damage them during sleep.
By following these guidelines, you can help ensure that your extensions last as long as possible. Take care of them, and they’ll take care of you!
Be extra careful the first two days!
After getting lash extensions, the most important thing to remember is to avoid getting your lashes wet for the first 48 hours. This means no swimming, showering, or even sweating! If you can’t avoid getting your lashes wet, use waterproof mascara.
After the first 48 hours, you can resume your normal activities, but avoid getting your lashes wet as much as possible. This will help them last longer. If you get them wet, use an oil-free cleanser to avoid damaging your lashes.
Be sure to brush your lashes daily with a clean, soft brush to keep them looking their best.
Six ways how to maintain them at home
Maintaining your eyelash extensions at home is essential if you want them to look their best.
Here are a few tips on how to do it:
- Make sure you brush them daily with a special eyelash brush
- Use a gentle cleansing solution to wash them every night (Here is how)
- Avoid using oil-based products near your eyes
- Be careful when applying makeup near your lash line
- Avoid rubbing or touching your eyes excessively
- Get them professionally re-done every few weeks to keep them looking fresh.
Following these tips, you’ll be able to keep your lash extensions looking their best and help them last longer.
The best products
The best products for caring for your eyelash extensions are oil-free and gentle on the lashes. Avoid using any oil products, as this can cause the extensions to become brittle and fall out prematurely. A good option for keeping your extensions looking their best is to use a lash conditioner or growth serum, which will help to keep them healthy and lush.
You should use a gentle cleanser explicitly designed for eyelashes when cleaning your lash extensions. Avoid using anything too harsh or abrasive, damaging the delicate lash follicles. Gently remove any makeup or debris from the lashes with a cotton swab soaked in a cleanser, and be sure to rinse thoroughly afterward.
Getting your lash extensions touched up every few weeks is essential to keep your lash extensions looking their best. This will help fill in any gaps that may have formed and help keep the lashes looking full and luscious. Touch-ups can be done at most salons that offer Lash Extensions services.
If you follow these simple tips, you will be able to enjoy your lash extensions for weeks on end! Remember to be gentle with them and use the right products to keep them clean and healthy.
What can you not do with eyelash extensions?
It is best to avoid any activity that might rub your eye or pull on your lashes. This includes swimming, working out, and even sleeping! These activities will put too much stress on the weight of the extensions and could cause them to fall off. In addition, you should avoid using oil-based makeup removers or products as they can break down the glue holding the extensions in place. Lastly, do not attempt to remove the extensions yourself, as this could damage your natural lashes. If you need to have them removed, make an appointment with a professional.
If you want to keep your eyelash extensions looking their best, there are a few things you should avoid doing.
Here are four things you should not do with your lash extensions:
- Working out
- Sleeping on your stomach or side
- Long runs like marathons
- Using oil-based makeup removers or products