Have you heard all the rage about Olaplex? I’m here to tell you it is not just a trending thing it in fact does rebuild and protect your hair. Olaplex has, at this time seven products all listed Olaplex 1- Olaplex 7 and I can guarantee you will love every product. Olaplex is NOT a deep conditioner. I’m going to break it down for you right here in this post.
- No. 1 Bond Multiplier – I like to call this “Your Hair Insurance” The number 1 is used in the salon as a service. Your stylist adds it to your color or lightener. The Number 1 then works to repair broken bonds in your hair and also works hard to prevent damage from your color service. Your hair is made up of Keratin, which is made up of bonds, Olaplex works as a bond multiplier. Ask your stylist about adding Olaplex to enhance your service.
- No. 2 Bond Perfector – The number 2 is, again, an in salon service. Number 2 is used at the bowl after your stylist rinses your color. This is the treatment that goes in and continues to find broken bonds, rebuild them, and in return making your hair healthy and shiny.
- No. 3 Hair Perfector – The number 3 is what you as the consumer take home and use at your house once a week. The number 3 is not a conditioner or mask, it is an “at home treatment”. The number 3 is similar to the number 2, as it continues to rebuild broken bonds creating stronger hair that even we can see.
- No. 4 & 5 Bond Maintenance Shampoo & Conditioner – The shampoo and conditioner are both color safe and are super moisturizing, helping with frizz and damage from chemical and every day wear. I use this shampoo and conditioner every third time I shampoo my hair. So normally when I do my Number 3 treatment at home. But you can most definitely use this every time as well.
- No. 6 Bond Smoother – Ok this one smells delicious! Also it takes like a pea size so it lasts forever. The Number 6 Bond Smoother is good for everyone. You can use this a detangler, de-frizzer, and a style primer.
- No. 7 Bonding Oil – This oil is not only your everyday hair oil, it is a heat protectant for up to 450 degrees. (please don’t let that statement allow you to turn your irons up that high ha) A little goes a long way with this oil and even people with hair types like myself (a lot of fine hair) could use a good oil, especially for the delicate ends. I mean think about the ends of your hair, how old is that hair really?