CeraVe is one of those brands that everyone knows about, but few people know much about. This brand has been around since 2005, and its products are famous for good reason. They produce high-quality skincare ranges at affordable prices, emphasizing natural ingredients.
The company’s most famous product is its line of anti-aging moisturizers called”Moisture Plus Active Age Defense System,” which includes wrinkle creams, eye cream treatments, sunscreens, lip balms, etc. It comes in various forms like Serum, Day Lotion, Night Time Treatment & Eye Gel, etc. The question now arises,” Can you use CeraVe Moisturizing Cream On Your Face” Read this article and find out…
You Might Be Interested In: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream Vs. Lotion
Can I use CeraVe Moisturizing Cream On My Face?
You can use CeraVe Moisturizing Cream on your face and all over the body as Cerave makes a range of day lotions, night creams, and serums to complement your skincare regime.
It was not always the case, though. When they first came out, CeraVe’ss products were targeted toward men only. Then again, every year, there would be new launches targeting women. But then, things changed once more. Nowadays, CeraVe offers a variety of different lines, including ones specifically designed for both genders.
What Is CeraVe Moisturizing Cream All About?
As previously mentioned, CERAVE creates moisturizers for daily use and overnight treatment options. Their best-selling item is the Moisture Plus Active Age Defens system which contains several topical solutions for aging skin, such as SkinDefense SPF 30 Sunscreen Spray, Wrinkle Control 20% Glycerin, and many more.
So what exactly does CeraVe do to make these moisturizers so effective? Well, here are some interesting facts:
List of Active Ingredients:
1) Phytessence Wakame (a seaweed extract) helps fight signs of aging while also strengthening collagen levels in the skin.
2) CoQ10 – acts as an antioxidant, helping prevent wrinkles from developing prematurely.
3) Green tea polyphenols help protect against UV rays.
4) Alpha Lipoic Acid protects cells from damage caused by free radicals.
5) Vitamin E protects from harmful substances found in air, water, and food.
6) Grape seed extracts provide potent antioxidants and strengthen capillaries.
7) Rosehip Seed Oil fights off bacteria and prevents premature aging.
8) Saffron Extract helps slow down melanoma development.
9) Tocotrienol works as an excellent antiradical agent.
10) Zinc increases the elasticity of tissues and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
11) Potassium helps improve circulation and maintains healthy cell membranes.
12) Ginger Root stimulates blood flow making your skin look healthier.
13) Evening Primrose Oil repairs damaged tissue.
14) CynergyTk promotes cellular regeneration and repair.
15) Bilberry Extract gives the skin more nutrients and strengthens connective tissues.
16) Salicylic acid exfoliates dead surface layers of the epidermis to reveal younger-looking fresh skin beneath.
17) Betaine Anhydrous improves moisture retention within the skin.
18) Pomegranate Juice helps reduce oxidative stress.
19) Sodium Hyaluronate keeps elastin fibers intact to keep skin flexible.
20) Niacinamide controls pigmentation.
21) Citric Acid ensures proper pH balance in the skin.
22) Ascorbic Acid 2+ slows down the effects of environmental toxins on the skin.
23) Shea Butter nourishes and hydrates dry or sensitive skin types.
24) Methyl Glucose Syrup aids in absorbing essential fatty acids into the skin.
25) Maltodextrin absorbs excess oil produced during metabolism.
26) Aminobenzoic Acid binds to prostaglandins keeping them inactive, thus reducing inflammation.
27) Panthenol B5 encourages the production of collagen.
28) Emu Oil restores moisture lost through peroxidation.
29) Retinyl Palmitate protects against ultraviolet radiation.
30) Avocado Oil hydrates and smooths skin texture.
31) Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Ethanolamine replenishes necessary oils in aging skin.
32) Squaline Hydroxystilbene Extends the life span of unmetabolized vitamin A in the skin.
33) Tocopherol Adduct TM Protects against UVA/UVB damage.
34) DMAE protects skin against sunburn and other sources of oxidation.
35) Aloe Vera Increases the flexibility of the skin.
36) Chondroitin sulfate regulates cell growth and differentiation.
37) Soybean Protein Helps retain essential minerals in the skin and restore softness.
38) Carnitine Fumerique Improves suppleness and tone.
39) Chamomile Flower extract balances sebum output.
40) Calcium Gorgonite heals burn injuries faster than any known mineral.
41) Kojic Hydroxide Hexagonal Boron Nitride Enhances light penetration deep into the dermal layer of the skin.
42) Centella Asiatica Extract supports wound healing and tissue regeneration.
43) Silica enhances oxygen availability to skin cells.
44) Nanospheres deliver essential vitamins directly to the deeper layers of the skin.
45) Collagen Peptides Stimulate the formation of new skin proteins.
46) Polypeptides Help increase the thickness of the outermost layer of the skin.
47) Keratin Boosts keratin content in skins.
48) Human Hair Elastin Mimics the effect of naturally occurring elastic protein in hair.
49) Matrixyl 3000 Promotes collagen synthesis and decreases matrix breakdown.
50) Cell Envelopes Complexes maintain the structural integrity of skin cells.
51) BioPeroxide 3 Strengthens defense mechanisms within the skin.
52) Ammonium Laurylsulfate Combats bacterial growth on theskin’ss exterior.
53) Benzophenone 4 Blocks damaging ultraviolet ray exposure.
54) Dimethicone Copolymer Acts as an emulsifier to bind two liquids together.
55) Propylene glycol Controls transepidermal fluid loss and retains moisture.
56) Cyclopentasiloxane Keeps makeup applied to the face where it belongs.
57) Fragrance-Free Preservative Blend Includes p-Hydroxybenzoic Acid And Diethyl Phthalate.
58) Paraben Methanesulphonic Acid Inhibits microbial growth.
59) Formaldehyde Resistant Acrylamide Copolymers Act as thickeners and stabilizers.
60) Disodium EDTA Chelate Binds calcium ions and removes stains.
61) Tetrasodium Edta Prevents iron oxide particles from clumping together.
62) Titanium dioxide Provides long-term whitening properties.
63) Iron Oxides Provide coloring power for cosmetic products.
64) Zinc Pyrithione May inhibit yeast and fungi.
65) Tin Protoporphyrin IX Contains photosensitive chemicals.
66) Phenoxyethanol Neutralizes acidic compounds used in cleaning agents and detergents.
67) Benzalkonium Chloride is used as a preservative in shampoos, conditioners, cleansing gels, cleansers, shaving preparations, bath oils, astringents, toners, and even sunscreen.
68) Quaternium 15 Represents a class of antimicrobial quatranoids derived from benzalkonium chloride.
69) Imidazolidinyl urea Stabilizes liquid soap and cosmetics containing hydrogen peroxide.
70) Coal Tar Derivative Provides antibacterial activity.
71) Dibutyl phthalate Instills fragrance and extends shelf life.
72) Tris(dimethylamino)-orthosilicate-nickel Salt Used in metal finishing processes.
73) Menthol Provokes cold sensations on the tongue and extraordinary phenomena on the skin.
74) Camphor Induces drowsiness.
75) Azorubinyllactone Reduces redness.
76) Piperonal Suppresses excessive perspiration.
77) Vanillin Makes foods taste sweet.
78) Thymol Antimicrobalstic agent against bacteria and fungus.
79) Eugenol Invigorating aroma.
80) Geraniol is Pleasant smelling.
81) Carvacrol Smells spicy.
82) Limonene Fresh citrus scent.
83) Clove Sweet smell.
84) Peppermint Strong mint flavor.
85) Cypress Moss Mild woodsy odor.
86) Lavender Purplish lavender-scented flower.